Infrared Binoculars - Night Vision
Buying infrared night vision binoculars: how to choose the best equipment?
Night vision devices: legislation and categories
The use of night vision devices, such as infrared binoculars, is subject to certain regulations in France. These devices are classified into two categories: amplification of residual light coupled with an infrared device , which improves visibility even in low light; and thermal , which captures infrared radiation emitted by a body or object. Thermal vision devices are considered more efficient than light amplification devices.
Regarding the use of these devices for hunting, a distinction must be made according to their classification. Some equipment is classified in category A, while others are in another category not subject to the same restrictions. It is therefore advisable to find out about the legislation in force to find out if you can use such equipment during your outings.
Choosing the best infrared night vision binoculars: criteria to take into account
To choose the right infrared night vision binoculars, several criteria must be taken into consideration:
- Optical and digital magnification : devices offer different levels of magnification, which must be adapted to the activity for which you wish to use them.
- Manufacturing materials : some binoculars have properties such as water, dust and shock resistance, important for outdoor activities.
- Connections : check if the equipment has connection options such as a video input or a USB port, allowing for example to recover captured images.
- Image quality : the level of detail and sharpness of the image may vary from one model to another. Opt for sufficient image quality for your needs.
- Battery life and power options : check how long your equipment can run without recharging and what options are available to recharge it (batteries, built-in battery, etc.).
- The budget : finally, it is important to take into account the price of infrared night vision binoculars, which can vary considerably from one model to another.
Examples of infrared night vision binocular models
Here are some examples of devices available on the market:
- Bushnell Equinox Z2 : these binoculars offer 6x magnification and a battery life of more than two hours. They have Wi-Fi connectivity allowing them to be controlled remotely from a smartphone.
- ATN Binox-HD : with 4x optical and up to 40x digital magnification, these binoculars are ideal for wildlife observation. They are weatherproof and have a video input.
- Pulsar Accolade XQ38 : these thermal binoculars have a magnification of 3.1x to 12.4x and can detect a heat source up to 1350 meters away. They also include a laser rangefinder and a video recording function.
- Don't forget to complete your equipment with a Hunting Camera
Infrared night vision binoculars in the professional sector
Night vision devices are also used in various professional fields. The Thales group, for example, offers a range of high-precision optical products intended for the armed forces and other specialized organizations. This equipment, named after feminine names, was sold in 110,000 copies worldwide.
Whether equipping the military or enhancing the experience of outdoor recreation enthusiasts, infrared night vision binoculars have many benefits. However, it is essential to be familiar with the regulations in force and to choose a model adapted to your needs, taking into account criteria such as magnification, image quality or power options.